What's new

What Are You Reading?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Loved it.

My mind is being blown by Ursula Le Guin’s ‘The Lathe of Heaven’ right now. A story about a guy whose dreams change reality, and is under the, um, care of a therapist.
That sounds interesting. I will add it to my list

I’m currently working on Ron Chernow’s biography of Grant, and will be starting Ursula LeGuin’s ‘The Lathe of Heaven’ on audio.

That's on my list. Right now I'm reading his bio of George Washington. It's quite good, but really giving me a different impression of the man than I once had. Not better or worse, just more nuanced. Turns out he was human after all!

Just finished Oxford History of the French Revolution. Started James Madison bio by Lynne Cheney. Slowly I work through the U.S. Presidents and random history. :)

Back into Bruen's ex Guarde Jack Taylor (makes me want a drink)

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Jackson, Mississippi: An American Chronicle of Struggle and Schism by John R. Salter, Jr. He was part of the Woolworth lunch counter sit in at Jackson, MS on May 28, 1963 (the guy sitting on the far left). I just found out he died a few days ago. We must not forget the past- too easy to get back there.

salter.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

I'm not too far in, but I'm enjoying it very much so far.

I've read all of Mr. Follett's thrillers already; Eye of the Needle is probably the best of the lot but I liked all of the ones I read.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Continuing with Chernow's excellent biography of Grant, and just started Stephen King's The Waste Lands on audio, 3rd book in the Dark Tower series.

Just re-read Endurance, which is the story of the Trans-Antarctic Expedition led by Sir Ernest Shackleton in the early 20th century. An incredible testament to leadership on the part of Shackleton. To be trapped and isolated in perhaps the worst weather conditions imaginable, and to bring back every man, is a feat akin to the Apollo 13 mission.

I'm about 1/2 way through. Enjoying it very much.
I really enjoyed it, not as much as his first, but fun through and through. I just started on a novel written by a friend of mine called "Once Upon An Ending." I've seen movies and plays this guy's written, but this is his first novel.

Top Bottom