What's new

What are you listening to?

I have a funny reaction to Oceans of Slumber where I love where they take you on a song by song basis, but feel like the albums don't hang together very well as a whole.

I actually listen to all kinds of stuff from things like Denez Prigent to Dimmu Borgir. There are a lot of bands/vocalists that I like from song to song better than where they go on an entire album. Five Finger Deathpunch and In This Moment are two that I have found that to me can just make an entire album great without becoming boring and like its all running together.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I have a playlist with more than 200 George Strait songs that I listened to last night at work! I really enjoyed that.

Old traditional English folk song that popped up on my ipod while i cut the lawn, along with some Rammstein, Monster Magnet Tom Waits, Richard Thompson, AC/DC, White Stripes...

Ashley Hutchins & Friends - Cuckoo's Nest

dave

61FWg4I9g4L.jpg
B000FQVYGS_01__SCLZZZZZZZ_V66944646_.jpg

I've been listening to the great Michael Brecker, RIP, a lot lately. Definitely one of the greatest tenor sax players to ever play the instrument. Why do all the great ones go so young?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
More from the afternoon ipod, fuzzy '60s psych...

Youngbloods - Darkness Darkness

dave

edit; Had a look around and posted this last time it came up on the ipod, just under a year ago.

martym

I've been listening to the great Michael Brecker, RIP, a lot lately. Definitely one of the greatest tenor sax players to ever play the instrument. Why do all the great ones go so young?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just downloaded a couple of his albums to listen to while running!

martym

Found it--Brecker Brothers
I love Miles Davis
I lose myself in this type of music
If I am home I just put on my Bose QC35's and it's over!!

Thank you
Awesome. Some people don't like it but one of THE classic Brecker albums is Heavy Metal Bebop. Terry Bozzio on drums is insane. Would be a great high energy album for running.

Found it--Brecker Brothers
I love Miles Davis
I lose myself in this type of music
If I am home I just put on my Bose QC35's and it's over!!

Thank you

I'll be curious to know if you like it. It diverges a bit from the normal Brecker Bother's formula in that it is pretty hard driving music. I love it but then again I grew up listening to Zappa. Half of the people on that album played with FZ. And Miles figures pretty prominently in our household. My son's name is Myles. Kind of Blue is a staple. But some of my favorite stuff is during the Columbia years. Pretty much anything with Tony Williams on it.

martym

I will listen to the whole album tomorrow. I listened to the 1st track and liked it.
Right now I have my headphones on, I am watching the Rangers game but on mute, I have a glass of Elijah Craig 12 year in my hand, and I am listening to an Apple Playlist called Chill Out Jazz. Not a care in the world.
Just some me time and beautiful music.

Glad my phone has 256 gigs. Almost 70 gigs of music.

Thanks again

Top Bottom