What's new

What are you listening to?

I keep meaning to pick up the new Ryan Adams. That guy is almost too prolific.

I know what you mean, but it has been a couple of years since a studio release. There are better individual songs by Adams on other albums but I think it's his most consistent and well produced album.

I just recently have been listening to otis taylor. He is a damn good blues player. The album "respect the dead" is great.

Yep, all still alive, althought I doubt we'll ever see the smiths again, the drummer sued morrissey/marr for royalties, and won. I don't think either Marr or Morrissey would be interested in re-uniting, but who knows, I'd be there if they did.

Steve

Sweet.

I had forgotten what a good song that was..

ahh, there's still a .01% chance that the Smiths could get back together! (Stranger things have happened - they're all still alive right?).

-Mason

Well, I'm not actually listening to anything the past few days, but Steely Dan has been stuck in my head for about a week. Mostly, it has been Doctor Wu, but if I get it unstuck, it has been supplanted with something else by the Dan. E.g., Chain Ligtning, Night by Night, or Don't Take Me Alive. Then, Doctor Wu comes back. It is getting to be very frustrating.

Tim

Well, I'm not actually listening to anything the past few days, but Steely Dan has been stuck in my head for about a week. Mostly, it has been Doctor Wu, but if I get it unstuck, it has been supplanted with something else by the Dan. E.g., Chain Ligtning, Night by Night, or Don't Take Me Alive. Then, Doctor Wu comes back. It is getting to be very frustrating.

Tim

love that last one..

"I'm a bookkeeper's son, I don't wanna shoot no one.. well I crossed my old man back in Oregon, don't take me alive..."

the one that gets stuck in my head recently is "Gaucho" - what a brilliant song.

-Mason

Azam Ali Elysium for the Brave
I heard it at the local Borders bookstore and bought it right then and there.

The Bravery - The Sun and the Moon
Razorlight - Self-Titled
Common - Finding Forever
Hot Hot Heat - Happiness Ltd.
Zwan - Mary Star of the Sea
Kanye West - The Graduate
Robin Thicke - Evolution of Robin Thicke
Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild

addition..

Bruce Springsteen - Magic

The shins are excellent. I'm listening to Interpol, a real toe tapper. I've got that song (New Slang) on mp3, let me know if you wants it.

Steve

CDs on desk this minute:

The Grassy Knoll--Positive
Mario Bauza--Tanga
Kenny Burrell--At The Five Spot
Damage Manual--1
King Tubby--The Fatman Tapes
Grant Green--Alive
Mark Ribot--Soundtracks
The Jimi Hendrix Experienced--Are You Experienced?
Aterciopelados--Gozo Poderoso

In the car today:

Changes Bowie

CDs on desk this minute:

In the car today:

Changes Bowie

Is that Changes 1 or Changes 2?

I thought his album Outside was great. I know that's reaching back a bit. I still like to pop it in, turn it up, and shatter my windows to the bludgeoning chords in the opening of Hallo Space Boy....

Top Bottom