What's new

What are you listening to?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I'm not usually one for "tribute" performances but this cover of Jethro Tull's 'Thick as a Brick' by a group of students at Boston's Berklee College of Music is really something special. The vocalist is a bit off, & there are a couple of tears in the performance, but overall this is outstanding. Even the kid who mixed things at the soundboard did a great job. The drummer is particularly good. Rare also to see a young electric guitar player with the discipline of the kid performing here. I hadn't listened to Thick as a Brick in ages; it never occurred to me that the flute is for the most part a rhythm instrument following the melody line on this album, and that it seldom comes to the fore. Perhaps @musicman1951 might enjoy hearing this piece?

I'm not usually one for "tribute" performances but this cover of Jethro Tull's 'Thick as a Brick' by a group of students at Boston's Berklee College of Music is really something special.

My wife and I saw Tull's Easter tour live in Louisville in the mid-70's. One of best live shows we've seen. This tribute band was great. I loved her flute playing.

As far as Tull albums go, my favorite is still Benefit, the one before Aqualung made them stars.

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm not usually one for "tribute" performances but this cover of Jethro Tull's 'Thick as a Brick' by a group of students at Boston's Berklee College of Music is really something special. The vocalist is a bit off, & there are a couple of tears in the performance, but overall this is outstanding. Even the kid who mixed things at the soundboard did a great job. The drummer is particularly good. Rare also to see a young electric guitar player with the discipline of the kid performing here. I hadn't listened to Thick as a Brick in ages; it never occurred to me that the flute is for the most part a rhythm instrument following the melody line on this album, and that it seldom comes to the fore. Perhaps @musicman1951 might enjoy hearing this piece?

A fine effort by these young players. I caught a Jethro Tull concert at Tanglewood back in the day, all very fine musicians.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
He was a lot more than just “I’m Coming Home” at Woodstock.

140F56B6-690B-484C-A4C7-8060555BA1CD.jpeg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Alright, sorry for the sap, but this got to me. Brilliant. It's worth getting through it. You'll be blown away.

Top Bottom