What's new

What are you listening to?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
William's

jw a.jpg

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
So I've been catching up on a podcast called "Cocaine & Rhinestones" by Tyler Mahan Coe, son of David Alan Coe. You guys should definitely check it out, best music podcast I've discovered in a while. Anyway, I really like his episode on The Louvin Brothers, so I was listening to some of their old stuff when I came across this...

I'm listening to this with my wife last night and I remark that it sounds an awful lot like that Leadbelly song "Where did you sleep last night" that I first became familiar with in 1994 thanks to Kurt Cobain.

And of course, then I head down the old wikipedia rabbit hole...

So I've been catching up on a podcast called "Cocaine & Rhinestones" by Tyler Mahan Coe, son of David Alan Coe. You guys should definitely check it out, best music podcast I've discovered in a while. Anyway, I really like his episode on The Louvin Brothers, so I was listening to some of their old stuff when I came across this...

I'm listening to this with my wife last night and I remark that it sounds an awful lot like that Leadbelly song "Where did you sleep last night" that I first became familiar with in 1994 thanks to Kurt Cobain.

And of course, then I head down the old wikipedia rabbit hole...

@JWCowboy here is another cover by the
Fiddle player Tommy Jackson

Junked our CD player when we moved late last year, so I still haven't unpacked all my Irish Punk CD's. I had to go to youtube today for a paddy fix. I have one or two older Rumjacks CDs, but it's hard to get them in the US.

My favorite Tull album is still Benefit. My wife and I went to a Tull concert in 72-73 in Louisville when he was doing his Easter show. Not my favorite Tull album, but he still put on a great show. As I remember, at least he did some of his earlier material.

I sent my son-in-law a link to the Caitlyn Jenner's 3 min CA campaign video, and he thought this would make a good campaign song.

Top Bottom