What's new

What are you listening to?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Folks, today is the birthday of the legendary Billie Holiday, born in Philadelphia on this day in 1915. If you're not familiar with her music, I would urge you to give it a listen sometime today. Here's her performing her most iconic song.

Well fellow B&B'rs, I just found out it's the man's birthday today, so here you go....

And because the man's a legend, we gotta have one more stone cold classic that also talks about "Mama"

Folks, today is the birthday of the legendary Billie Holiday, born in Philadelphia on this day in 1915. If you're not familiar with her music, I would urge you to give it a listen sometime today. Here's her performing her most iconic song.

It is a great musical adventure that you started here
Thanks

Bobby Bare

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
In the past year I have probably attended 300 or more zoom meetings, which means that hardly a day goes by that I don't have this stupid song whirring around in my skull.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
It is a great musical adventure that you started here
Thanks

Bobby Bare

Man I love, and I mean LOVE Bobby Bare. What a great voice....

So back in another life before I had a career change, I used to travel a decent bit for my job and part of my territory was south Georgia, spent a lot of time on Hwy 84 between Valdosta and Waycross and Hwy 82 from Tifton to Waycross, and of course every time I got there I always thought of his song "Millers Cave"

Last edited:
Man I love, and I mean LOVE Bobby Bare. What a great voice....

So back in another life before I had a career change, I used to travel a decent bit for my job and part of my territory was south Georgia, spent a lot of time on Hwy 84 between Valdosta and Waycross and always thought of his song "Millers Cave"

I heard him for the first time when I was 12 years old
At that time my heroes have been
Jimmie Rodgers, Merle Haggard
Doc Watson and Johnny Cash
Great voice
Great songs
Here is one of them

Cheers
This one is for you

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
What began life as a finger excercise in his living room ultimately became Kerry Livgren’s (Kansas) all-time top song ... & Steve Walsh behind the mic...

If Solomon’s Book of Ecclesiastes had ever been put to song, it would have sounded like this:

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Wait a minute, didn't these guys already put Ecclesiastes to song?

Oops ... indeed Pete Seeger & they did, sir!

Correction: If ever a live lived, sans Solomon's concluding admonishment, was put to song, it would have & still equates to Dust In The Wind.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; fear God & keep His commandments for this is the whole duty of man"

Top Bottom