What's new

What are you listening to?

When I was a kid I learned all these old songs in what was considered the traditional style, like this version of a Jacobite song by the great Ewan MacColl.

But then by the mid to late 70s, in Ireland, Scotland, England & America there were younger guys who interpreted these old songs in new ways. You can hear the influence of rock rhythms and a new energy that won a whole new generation of young people to this music and breathed new life into these old songs.

Could not be explained better
Go back to the tradition and and have inspiration

It's going to be a very long bluegrass weekend

Attachments

• 20210305_180603_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20210305_180603_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210305_180745_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20210305_180745_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210305_180653_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20210305_180653_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210305_180709_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20210305_180709_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This is a great start of the day
Thank you Owen
It is 6 in th morning in Bulgaria
Those 2 men are from Northern Ireland- the one playing the mandola/bazouki, Andy Irvine, lived in Bucharest and in Bulgaria for a number of years, and as a result his music is deeply influenced by Balkan styles of playing.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
You

You have changed my plans for the day

I remember walking along that shore of Galway Bay with my uncle when I was a kid. Across the bay you can see the low hills of the Burren in County Clare in the distance (you can see them across the bay in your video, too). When I pointed to the other side of the bay and I asked my uncle what was that land over there he didn't miss a beat-- "That's Massachusetts," he said.

I remember walking along that shore of Galway Bay with my uncle when I was a kid. Across the bay you can see the low hills of the Burren in County Clare in the distance (you can see them across the bay in your video, too). When I pointed to the other side of the bay and I asked my uncle what was that land over there he didn't miss a beat-- "That's Massachusetts," he said.
[/QUOTE

That must have been a very emotional moment
Thank you for sharing your memories

Top Bottom