What's new

What are you listening to?

Nick Drake: At The Chime Of A City Clock

Thanks for posting this! Nick Drake is one of my favorite artists of all time. I was probably 15 or 16 when I bought this album, so around 1991 or 1992. I walked into a little old record shop in my neighborhood and it was displayed high up on a shelf. I’d never heard of Nick Drake before, but knew I had to have that record. I went home, started spinning it, and I was zoned! I am still incredibly moved by his music. He was a wonderfully unique and brilliant artist.

Thanks for posting this! Nick Drake is one of my favorite artists of all time. I was probably 15 or 16 when I bought this album, so around 1991 or 1992. I walked into a little old record shop in my neighborhood and it was displayed high up on a shelf. I’d never heard of Nick Drake before, but knew I had to have that record. I went home, started spinning it, and I was zoned! I am still incredibly moved by his music. He was a wonderfully unique and brilliant artist.
I hear ya. His music just puts you in a zone doesn't it? There's a melancholy to his music even when he's "upbeat," but there's nothing depressing about it. Just sort of pensive, and sublime. The first song and album I heard of his was Pink Moon and I was just mesmerized by it. I still am. I love all three of his records 👍

047CF4E1-FECD-4E0C-8511-9CF63B20F1C1.jpeg

Top Bottom