What's new

What are you listening to?

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Magnetic North by, Sasha ... walked into a record store back the early 2000s & this album (Airdrawndagger) was playing. After a couple songs, I walked over to the counter to inquire about & then purchase the album, but was told that they had sold out shorly after they had begun playing it. Made an offer for the demo CD & went home with it. It’s definitely different, but then so am I 😬.

shoelessjoe

Listening to the Story Teller - aka, Mark Knopfler - tell the tale of a ship, built on Scotland’s River Clyde, steaming to its’ final destination, a ship-breaking yard.

So Far From The Clyde

Last edited:
When I first heard it I wracked my brain trying to remember which Velvet Underground album it was on and why I couldn't remember hearing it before. Surprised when the radio DJ said "The Nude Party".
I'm digging them, listening to that album now :thumbup:

Have you heard The Strokes or The Strypes?

Los Tucanes de Tijuana
C121CF6C-B555-4A91-B50D-F14C32279774.jpeg

shoelessjoe

Such a superb record. Great song craft. Every track is great!
I thoroughly agree ... and one of the very few albums that can boast that!

While Alexander’s goal of creating just one hit album was realized with the release of, ‘Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too’ & though he did have a couple solo albums which preceded it, I often wonder what listeners may have missed had NRad’ stayed together?? For a few moments, I wondered what I was getting into as I removed the unremoveable 😬 cellophane wrap from the jewel case, inserted the CD into the truck’s player & heard keyboard/percussionist, Danielle Briseboise’s opening admonishment to her bandmates: “Make my nipples hard, let’s go”!! 🤔

I grew up in Chicago & had a sweetheart who lived in a small town about 90 miles away on the IL-WI border ... we remain close friends & always reflect when this song plays ...

That’s a great story and memories for sure! Mother We Just Can’t Enough is a superb track but it’s still that opening song, You Get What You Give that gets me every time. I’m surprised the album isn’t as well known as I thought it would be. Almost every time I play it someone asks, “what band is this?!” I was living in LA at the time starting my first job “real” job when this came out. I’ve got great memories of hanging with friends and roommates living by the beach. Good stuff Maynard! 👍

Top Bottom