What's new

What are you listening to?

I took my CD collection time machine back to the 1930s & 40s today with Billie Holiday. I think Columbia issued 3-4 different Lady Day collections. I first bought the 2 CD set. I liked it so much, I got the 4 CD set and gave the 2 CD set to a married daughter who liked it. I now regret not buying the 10 CD set when it was available. This song is one of my favorites. It's Teddy Wilson (piano) and his Orchestra, backing her up. I love Teddy and have a 3-CD collection of he and his Trio from the mid 1950's.

I like their folk-punk sound, but metal is one genres I can't get into. My teen daughter in the 1980s liked metal and I made her wear headphones if I was home. I still refer to her favorite 80s band as Dead Leopards. The closest I get to metal is occasionally watching Korpiklaani's Vocka video.

Lately its been SWMBO.

After 50+ years of experimentation, I find that the 1933 King Kong movie, any silent film, or a loud jazz CD (Brubeck, Monk, etc) puts up an invisible barrier at the top of the steps down to the basement that my wife won't cross. My 5-7 hour silent films work best, even if I only put them on for a long, uninterrupted nap.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
After 50+ years of experimentation, I find that the 1933 King Kong movie, any silent film, or a loud jazz CD (Brubeck, Monk, etc) puts up an invisible barrier at the top of the steps down to the basement that my wife won't cross. My 5-7 hour silent films work best, even if I only put them on for a long, uninterrupted nap.
Time in the mancave is therapeuticl.

Top Bottom