What's new

What are you listening to?

Listening to yesterdays Dropkick Murphys show in Fenway. I have a few Dropkick Murphys among my 100+ Irish punk CDs. Even in my mid 70s, I'm drawn to punk bands with mandolin, tin whistle and/or accordion. Sorry, but this Jersey guy hasn't been a Bruce fan since his Darkness album, but the two songs with him were pretty good (skip the first 1:15). This is the first, a Murphy's song.

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Listening to yesterdays Dropkick Murphys show in Fenway. I have a few Dropkick Murphys among my 100+ Irish punk CDs. Even in my mid 70s, I'm drawn to punk bands with mandolin, tin whistle and/or accordion. Sorry, but this Jersey guy hasn't been a Bruce fan since his Darkness album, but the two songs with him were pretty good (skip the first 1:15). This is the first, a Murphy's song.

Very nice. Love the energy. I've a couple of the Dropkick albums....

Something from Canada for you.

Something from Canada for you.

Thanks. I liked the fiddle. Who doesn't? Lots of great Irish-punk bands out of Canada the past 15-20 years: The Mahones (Is this bar open until tomorrow), the Real McKenzies (Drink some more), the Dreadnoughts, and (Dreadnoughts lead singer) Nick Smyths earlier, and totally insane band (Siobhan). Siobhan's McGravy Iron Liver and Welfare State are classics.

10CC "How Dare You" IMO their best.
1591069346416.png

Top Bottom