What's new

What are you listening to?

I'm active on a drummer forum and a long time member who hasn't been around much posted about some music he is part of. So I go to Youtube and look it up and give it a listen. Man this stuff is smoking. The guy who's album it is, Giveton Gelin, is only 21 years old and has not yet graduated from Julliard. The whole band is insane. It is rare that I listen to an album and become instantly blown away. This album has quickly become one of my favorite albums. I'm curious what the jazz guys think of it. It came out less than a month ago.

I know this horn playin' cat! Givton is Good Stuff!

I know this horn playin' cat! Givton is Good Stuff!

I hear you man. The playing and the orchestration is awesome. It just works. It's hard to say why but it just does. I hear Miles in there. I even hear a little Tony Williams in the drummer. Maybe some Paul Chambers in the bass? The keyboard player is so tasteful and the sax player is beautiful. I can't wait to see these guys in NYC when things open up.

Dave Mason "Alone Together"
1589691740938.png

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Beethoven’s 5th for my granddaughter’s music school lesson. I forgot how powerful it is. I generally skip it for the same reason I skip Stairway to Heaven- it seems overplayed. So, I forget how great both of them really are, and have to be reminded from time to time.

I was almost ready to quit cutting the lawn, halfway thru the back yard, when 2 Freddy "Boom Boom" Cannon songs in a row came on my iPod. With shooting muffs over the ear pods to drown out noise and hold them in, it was just the pick me up I needed to finish. First Palisades Park, one of my top 3 oldies of all time, then Buzz Buzz A-Diddle-It, my 2nd favorite Cannon song. I love the video with this one.

Top Bottom