What's new

What are you listening to?

I listened to Fidelio live on BBC this afternoon and then the soundtrack to Immortal Beloved tonight. I have varied musical tastes, but when I am stuck in the house (because of Covid19), I prefer to listen to classical music.

Finished listening to my Elmer Bernstein compilation. I used to have most of these on vinyl, but it's nice to have them on this CD. The Magnificent 7, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Great Escape, The 10 Commandments, just to name a few Sadly the CD didn't have Animal House or Stripes.

Tony Williams was still only 21 years old here!
His kit included only a kick/bass, hi-hat, snare, 1 mounted tom, 1 floor tom, 1 ride cymbal, and 1 smallish crash cymbal,... and yet his playing is so varied, so rich, so layered,.... so INCREDIBLE!

Some MONSTER playing from Tony here as well as some insanely swinging slickness. He and Elvin are my two favorite drummers from this era.

Dylan's 17 min JFK song sucked. I won't even bother to post the link as I don't think I made it through 3 minutes. As a Dylan folk fan in the 1960s, I had all his albums. I saw him live in 1965, splitting that show half solo-folk and half with The Band. It was great. I also took my wife and 5yo daughter to his Rolling Thunder tour in 1976 in Florida, which was also great. Unfortunately, Dylan hasn't made anything worth listening to since the 1970s, and it's time he realized it and takes his millions and just goes away.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Dave Brubeck's greatest hits.....

1585598285906.png

Top Bottom