What's new

What are you listening to?

Any Gregory Alan Isakov fans out there? This guy is great and has become probably my favorite, most listened to artist.

If you haven't heard him, or heard of him, you should do your favor if you are into americana/folk/alternative music that it mellow, laid back, and perfect for Fall also.

He’s so good, & seemingly somewhat unknown.
Ya I dig him too. So smooth. I think he's one of the big names in guitar jazz though - up there with Joe Pass and Kenny Burrel and even Grant Green. Grant Green may be a little less know. But anyway, good stuff!

Any Gregory Alan Isakov fans out there? This guy is great and has become probably my favorite, most listened to artist.

If you haven't heard him, or heard of him, you should do your favor if you are into americana/folk/alternative music that it mellow, laid back, and perfect for Fall also.
Randomly check out one of his songs called The Stable song. Really nice stuff.

Hard for me to get away from Bill Evans Trio. Village Vanguard complete recordings (1961).

IMG_0328.jpg

Listening to an old "The Whole Sick Crew" demo cd from a St Louis Irish punk band. Unfortunately, the group is defunct, but I also have another half-dozen mp3's of their songs that were never released. Before our landline phone had a call-block button, I used to answer calls by playing "The Slow Song" at 14:50. Captain Samson's Tale at 21:20 ranks up there with one of the most offensive of Irish-pirate punk songs.

Last edited:
Blagoslovyen yesi Gospodi
From Rachmaninoff Vespers
Performed by Tenebrae

Glorious.

Followed by the Allegri Miserere again. Also glorious.

Wife is upstairs, getting ready to go out to eat, and can't hear, so I'm listening to Brubeck. I like a variety of music from paddy-punk, oldies, Glenn Miller, Billie Holiday & Mississippi Fred McDowell, but my favorite music when I'm by myself or alone in my car is still my 700+ mp3's of 1950 & 60's Brubeck. Of all the music I like, the only music me wife really HATES is Brubeck. Well, she's not so crazy about my dozen+ Fred McDowell cd's either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom