What's new

What are you listening to?

I've been on a Chicago kick the last two days.

- The Chicago Transit Authority
- Chicago II
- Chicago III (just ordered it online)
- Chicago V
- Chicago VI
- Chicago VII

Other than a handful of songs here and there, I pretty much lose interest in Chicago after Chicago VII. It might be easy for a lot of people to dismiss Chicago as kind of a wimpy, soft-rock, top-40 love ballad band but it's hard to deny how good and how talented this band was in their early years. They were stretching boundaries. Their horn section was super tight, they had 3 lead singers and they were all excellent on their respective instrument(s). For me, they started slipping downhill after VII and were never the same with the loss of Terry Kath and the growing prominance of Peter Cetera's love ballads. This band had the stuff to back up the balls it took to make their first 3 releases double albums and their 4th a 4 album live set. Lots of great stuff!!

The top of today’s playlist.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm usually up long before everyone else in my family, so about the only thing I listen to is the soft sound of water running from the tap in my sink.

Downing gin, listening to one of my favorite country songs. My wife of almost 50 years loves the song but laughs and says she's still ain't leaving.

I was really fortunate to see her perform a few times in mid-February. Molly Tuttle is an astoundingly good guitar player. It's not wrong to call her "bluegrass," but she's much more.

I really like Molly Tuttle. If you like bluegrass, and amazing guitar skills, she's awesome.

This sits well with my Courtney Barnett collection...
Juliana Hatfield; All Right, Yeah

''''''''''''''''''
''''''''''''''''''dave

Heard This on the radio today, "Faraway Look" by Yola.
Never heard of her before, and most of her stuff appears to be more Country (which is not my cup of tea, but for a few exceptions).
This one sounds like it was produced in the '60s, with a sort of Roberta Flack/Dusty Springfield vibe.

Top Bottom