What are you listening to?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Haydn: Cello Concertos 1 and 2 : very peaceful
Joseph_Haydn.jpg

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Working through the Johnny Dollar episodes with Mandel Kramer. Johnny Dollar is similar to James Bond in that several actors played the part over the years. Bob Bailey is my favorite, but they were all good in their own way.

For over twelve years, from 1949 through 1962 (including a one year hiatus in 1954-1955), this series recounted the cases "the man with the action-packed expense account, America’s fabulous freelance insurance investigator, Johnny Dollar". Johnny was an accomplished 'padder' of his expense account. The name of the show derives from the fact that he closed each show by totaling his expense account, and signing it "End of report... Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar".

Working through the Johnny Dollar episodes with Mandel Kramer. Johnny Dollar is similar to James Bond in that several actors played the part over the years. Bob Bailey is my favorite, but they were all good in their own way.

For over twelve years, from 1949 through 1962 (including a one year hiatus in 1954-1955), this series recounted the cases "the man with the action-packed expense account, America’s fabulous freelance insurance investigator, Johnny Dollar". Johnny was an accomplished 'padder' of his expense account. The name of the show derives from the fact that he closed each show by totaling his expense account, and signing it "End of report... Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar".

Me too! I've been on hiatus lately, but I'll probably be going again today. I'm trying to listen in order and I'm still only on Edmond O'Brien.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Me too! I've been on hiatus lately, but I'll probably be going again today. I'm trying to listen in order and I'm still only on Edmond O'Brien.
I think I've listened to all or most anyway, but never in order. I just started in order by actor not time. I think next I will pick up at the beginning Charles Russel. If I recall correctly some of the music was much darker in the and reminded me of the stuff in the early episodes of the Avengers.

Actors who portrayed Dollar
Dick Powell (Audition show in 1948)
Charles Russell (February 1949 – January 1950)
Edmond O'Brien (February 1950 – September 1952)
John Lund (November 1952 – September 1954)
Gerald Mohr (Audition show in 1955)
Bob Bailey (October 1955 – November 1960)
Bob Readick (December 1960 – June 1961)
Mandel Kramer (June 1961 – September 1962)

I think I've listened to all or most anyway, but never in order. I just started in order by actor not time. I think next I will pick up at the beginning Charles Russel. If I recall correctly some of the music was much darker in the and reminded me of the stuff in the early episodes of the Avengers.

Actors who portrayed Dollar
Dick Powell (Audition show in 1948)
Charles Russell (February 1949 – January 1950)
Edmond O'Brien (February 1950 – September 1952)
John Lund (November 1952 – September 1954)
Gerald Mohr (Audition show in 1955)
Bob Bailey (October 1955 – November 1960)
Bob Readick (December 1960 – June 1961)
Mandel Kramer (June 1961 – September 1962)
Haven't made it to John Lund yet, but I'm very familiar with Mandel Kramer as he was a regular on CBSRMT.

Top Bottom