What's new

What are you listening to?

20 yr old Bob interview with Cynthia Gooding was pretty special.

With no player, my Dylan bootleg LPs from the 60s are in storage, but I don't remember ever hearing the one you posted. Great quality on that one. My wife was a little disappointed it didn't have her favorite Dylan song, "Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Disaster Blues". She finds that song even more fitting today and says that this year it feels like we're all on that boat, but lucky to still be alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCR
With no player, my Dylan bootleg LPs from the 60s are in storage, but I don't remember ever hearing the one you posted. Great quality on that one. My wife was a little disappointed it didn't have her favorite Dylan song, "Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Disaster Blues". She finds that song even more fitting today and says that this year it feels like we're all on that boat, but lucky to still be alive.

Great song, there really is nobody like Bob Dylan's style. Maybe the closest i have seen in while is the kid from Houndmouth. He reminds me of a young Bob Dylan in way

Picked up a new vehicle last week and, like many newer vehicles, there is no CD player. I've been able to throw 4 gigs of some of my favorites onto a thumb drive, which is nice. However, when Us and Them by Pink Floyd came on, I got a real desire to hear the album on my 50 mile drive (my old work commute and DSOTM would play in its entirety on the interstate drive alone). MP3's and such won't be able to give the seamless flow of an album like that, there will be gaps between songs even if they're in the right order. How do you guys with newer systems deal with this?

Picked up a new vehicle last week and, like many newer vehicles, there is no CD player. I've been able to throw 4 gigs of some of my favorites onto a thumb drive, which is nice. However, when Us and Them by Pink Floyd came on, I got a real desire to hear the album on my 50 mile drive (my old work commute and DSOTM would play in its entirety on the interstate drive alone). MP3's and such won't be able to give the seamless flow of an album like that, there will be gaps between songs even if they're in the right order. How do you guys with newer systems deal with this?
I hear what you're saying. I listen to 95% of music from a streaming service. In my case it's Google Play Music. You don't get the gap between songs that way like you do with individual mp3s.

When I'm in my car, which is a 2005 Toyota Minivan (yes, I admit it :) ) I don't have an external input only a cassette player (yes imagine that!) and a CD player. So I use a cassette adapter for my iPhone and stream that way. When I know the reception won't be good, I download high bit rate version of the songs to my phone and they still playback seamlessly.

Top Bottom