What's new

What are you listening to?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Lots of 1970s era albums by Renaissance in FLAC on Quboz this morning. Annie Haslam has the voice of an Angel - definitely one of my favorite female vocalists. Five octave range! Jon Camp's bass playing is outstanding - the bass solo on Ashes Are Burning (Live at Carnegie Hall album) is outstanding.

Following with the Band of Rain album Petrichor. First listen to this group/album. What piqued my curiosity is that Jon Camp, bassist from the 1970s version of Renaissance, plays bass on this album. Very distinctive bassist. Camp is one of my favorite bass players.

My favorite song to end the day after listening to Irish tunes and drinking since early morning. Time to sober up and have a bite to eat before settling down and watching some good Brit TV with my wife.

My favorite song to end the day after listening to Irish tunes and drinking since early morning. Time to sober up and have a bite to eat before settling down and watching some good Brit TV with my wife.

What Irish and no Rory Gallagher posted? Rory was awesome, one of my top 10 guitarist of all time. Happy wife = Happy life they say.....enjoy sir!

Not watching, but listening to the soundtrack which is amazing. In December 68' alll these groups were trying to top each other at this event. It was like a jazz 'cutting' session. Opens with Jethro Tull playing a super tight "Song for Jeffrey. Then the Who upstage the Stones with the best version of "A quick one while he's away that I've ever heard. Lennon, Clapton, Richards and Mitch Mitchell play a version of "Yer Blues" that sounds better than the white album. The Stones do five or six songs and They are fantastic. So glad I got this!

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
1594636727371.png

I could be showing my age here 😁

What Irish and no Rory Gallagher posted? Rory was awesome, one of my top 10 guitarist of all time. Happy wife = Happy life they say.....enjoy sir!

I like Rory Gallagher. I have at least 3 of his LPs from the 70s boxed up because I have no record player. I never did convert them to CD. By the 90s I was into drunken Irish bar bands. This is my favorite Rory video doing one of my favorite songs.

Reactions: CCR
My Essential Benny Goodman CDs. I needed something calming today while the roofers put on a new roof.

my personal favorite is the Live at Carnegie Hall concert. Krupa on Sing, Sing, Sing is as manic as Keith Moon in his prime (or should I say Moon can be as manic as Krupa in his prime).

my personal favorite is the Live at Carnegie Hall concert.

I think Krupa also did drums on the Essentials Sing, Sing, Sing, but Carnegie Hall is the best and longest version. I almost ordered Carnegie Hall yesterday before I found my Essential CDs. I have so many CDs of different genres, I can't remember what I have.

Top Bottom