What's new

What are you listening to?

Possibly the best "garage band" ever....

A cover of a Linda Ronstadt cover. Linda has always been a huge favorite, but this is nippin' at her heels...

American Woman - The Guess Who (1970)
Big fan of the Guess Who and, if you like Burton Cummings solo he has a fantastic album of just him at the piano (I was really impressed with his keyboard skills) in front of a live audience called Up Close and Alone.

Another 60's instrumental of note (B-side of Hawaii Five-0)

The first ever LP I can remember buying was The Ventures Walk Don't Run. I was in 8th or 9th grade when it came out and I'm almost sure that the gal in the tight, gold-lame slacks on the cover had no bearing in that purchase. Before that LP, 45s were the norm. The only other Ventures LP I remember having was "Outer Space". After that one, I was in college and into other music. The Ventures Walk Don't Run and Perfidia still get regular play on my iPod/iTunes oldies.

The first ever LP I can remember buying was The Ventures Walk Don't Run. I was in 8th or 9th grade when it came out and I'm almost sure that the gal in the tight, gold-lame slacks on the cover had no bearing in that purchase. Before that LP, 45s were the norm. The only other Ventures LP I remember having was "Outer Space". After that one, I was in college and into other music. The Ventures Walk Don't Run and Perfidia still get regular play on my iPod/iTunes oldies.

Both great 60s instrumentals. One of my fav 60s surf instrumentals:

The Journeymen: Surfer's Blues.

Love that intro. Played loud enough it will scare most folks :)

The Journeymen: Surfer's Blues.
Love that intro. Played loud enough it will scare most folks :)

I liked that one, but I guess I was on the wrong coast back then. I don't remember that band or the song. I used to have a couple Dick Dale on my iPod, but Miserlou drove my wife crazy, so he's temporarily in my inactive folder.

I liked that one, but I guess I was on the wrong coast back then. I don't remember that band or the song. I used to have a couple Dick Dale on my iPod, but Miserlou drove my wife crazy, so he's temporarily in my inactive folder.

Dick Dale kind of owned that genre in a way with just that one song. Such a classic sound and song.

Top Bottom