What's new

What are you listening to?

I decided to spin some vinyl tonight in the mancave. I started with

I then moved on to this

Next up, another amazing drummer from the same era. I intended to listen to all three albums but I felt myself starting to nod off so I just listened to this album. Will come back to the other two tomorrow.

Security Now podcast with Steve Gibson.
A3771384-7588-4234-9789-33D1C074FAFF.jpeg

Had some weed whacking to do so I cued up a Two Tone play list and got to work. Two hours passed like nothing. SKA music has the perfect rhythms for weed whacking!

Had some weed whacking to do so I cued up a Two Tone play list and got to work. Two hours passed like nothing. SKA music has the perfect rhythms for weed whacking!
That'll get you up and dancin' - or weed whackin'!

I remember seeing them on American Bandstand way back in the day.

That'll get you up and dancin' - or weed whackin'!

I remember seeing them on American Bandstand way back in the day.

I saw them at the kabuki theater in San Francisco in the 80’s. They had a show at the county fair a year or two ago but I missed it.

Art Pepper meets The Rhythm Section (Red Garland, Paul Chambers & Philly Joe Jones). Quite cool for jazzers. Recorded in January 1957 in LA. Liner notes: "The Rhythm Section" in this album's title is the blue-ribbon team of Red Garland, Paul Chambers, and Philly Joe Jones that had been lighting fires with Miles Davis and John Coltrane in the 1955-57 Miles Davis Quintet.... the stature of Pepper as an emotionally direct, soulful player poised to make musical history."

Wow! :eek2: New kid gets a gig with the pros! Good listening. :thumbsup:

rhythm sect.png

Top Bottom