What's new

What are you listening to?

Art Pepper, Friday Night at the Village Vanguard.

IMG_1662.JPG

Write now its Carter the unstoppable sex machine (CUSM)
In the car on an old sony Walkman hooked up via an aux socket its a cassette of the Charlatans some friendly LP.

Private Eyes, Tommy Bolin

Post Toastee

Wild Dogs from Teaser

.....................dave

Last edited:
The Rutles This recording is nothing short of brilliant! Casual fans or those fans not listening closely could easily think that they were listening to the actual Beatles. (Goose Step Mama anyone? :a14:) These are the songs that populated the mocumentary The Rutles - All You Need Is Cash.

proxy.php

I must have 4 Hank III cds and this is the only song my wife likes. She just laughs and says "have another, I ain't leaving".

Last edited:
The Rutles This recording is nothing short of brilliant! Casual fans or those fans not listening closely could easily think that they were listening to the actual Beatles. (Goose Step Mama anyone? :a14:) These are the songs that populated the mocumentary The Rutles - All You Need Is Cash.

proxy.php
Neil Innes (Ron Nasty) played a small bar in Bloomington, Il and my brother and I went to see him. We're old so we got there early and sat down. I look at the booth behind me and there's Neil sipping a beer. I brought my Rutles CD insert with me and had him autograph it. Great show, lots of Rutles and Bonzo Dog classics

Neil Innes (Ron Nasty) played a small bar in Bloomington, Il and my brother and I went to see him. We're old so we got there early and sat down. I look at the booth behind me and there's Neil sipping a beer. I brought my Rutles CD insert with me and had him autograph it. Great show, lots of Rutles and Bonzo Dog classics

That's a cool story! I'm not familiar with his work outside The Rutles. What releases would you recommend?

That's a cool story! I'm not familiar with his work outside The Rutles. What releases would you recommend?
Well, a lot of stuff with the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band (Urban Spaceman, How Sweet to be an Idiot), He did a TV series with Eric Idle called Rutland Weekend Television (where the Rutles started) that had a lot of music, and he has some great solo music too. A lot is parody, but not all. One of my faves is his Elton John parody.

Top Bottom