What's new

What are you listening to?

Peter Frampton Band. All Blues.

Peter-Frampton-All-Blues-artwork-web-optimised-820.jpg

New Mavis Staples album is written and produced by Ben Harper, excellent. Live version of the first song on it, very true to the record.

Change
...................../.dave

I'm totally on board with Bill Evans and Kind of Blue. It would be hard to make a desert island pick for Bill Evans because I think I have around 20 of his CDs. Right now The Paris Concert (1&2) come to mind for some reason.

A big shift of gears from what's noted above, I've been on a Tom Petty kick lately. I've been listening to the 4-CD American Treasure set and the 4-CD Live Anthology set. TP & The Heartbreakers were just as good if not better live than they were in the studio. I just watched the 4 hour documentary on TP & TH, "Runnin' Down A Dream". It grew my appreciation for Petty as a performer and songwriter even more. I was really late to his bandwagon. I was a teen when he broke out and lived throughout his entire career. I didn't acquire a real appreciation for him until I hit my 50's. Better late than never right! I found a great price on Ebay so I have his 6-CD "Playback" box set on it's way as I type this. (Listed and shown as "new old stock" still sealed, couldn't pass it up) I also have a 5-CD set of various live concerts/broadcasts coming from overseas which may or may not be official. I see they have the set and individual discs for sale on Amazon so I'll let that be the salve for any conscience blips I might have about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom