What's new

What are you listening to?

My wife went to a Smashing Pumpkins concert so I once again trotted out the Hits album to see if I could get into them. I still cannot.

When I need a break from my usual mellow listening, swing, oldies & Brubeck, and I've had a few too many, the Hank 3 cd's come out. I like this version of the song better than the CD version. I wish he had put out this Louisville concert on CD.

Sirius XM-“Classic Rewind”
Name says it all.
Right now playing The Boss..”Glory Days”. Coming off Queen..”Another One Bites the Dust”

Death Cab For Cutie's new album "Thank You For Today".
I was at a coffee shop and saw a girl with a "Death Cab For Cutie" t-shirt. I made the offhand remark of "great song!" Later I found out there's a band called DCFC, presumably after the Bonzo Dog song. I got to share a drink with Neil Innes about 10 years ago. Charming guy (got him to autograph my Rutles CD).

I was at a coffee shop and saw a girl with a "Death Cab For Cutie" t-shirt. I made the offhand remark of "great song!" Later I found out there's a band called DCFC, presumably after the Bonzo Dog song. I got to share a drink with Neil Innes about 10 years ago. Charming guy (got him to autograph my Rutles CD).
A great tale, Mate! Thanks for sharing :001_smile.
If you want a good starting point with DCFC, I'd recommend their classic album "Transatlanticism" from 2003. It is in my top 10 albums ever.

A great tale, Mate! Thanks for sharing :001_smile.
If you want a good starting point with DCFC, I'd recommend their classic album "Transatlanticism" from 2003. It is in my top 10 albums ever.
I will do that! Thanks for the recommendation. Here's one of my all time favorite Bonzo Dog tracks and made all the better by the video someone lovingly put together for the boys.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Great Courses "Battles of the Ancient World," "Western Civilization" and "Herodotus." :sailor:

Steel Panther in-between lectures. :punk:

So I'm drawn to great literature and just-filthy music simultaneously.

AA

Top Bottom