What's new

What are you listening to?

proxy.php

Pee Wee King and his Golden West Cowboys (6-CD, Bear Family)

I love it when I find things like this! I was browsing around in a used book store when I discovered this box set in excellent condition. I was unfamiliar with PW King but had a vague idea of what his music would be like. Unwilling to commit based on that, I left it on the shelf and went home in search of sound samples. I found that his music fell pretty firmly in the western swing/traditional country genre and I really enjoyed what I heard. The store was offering a 40% off coupon so I ended up with a very nice bargain when compared to what you'd have to spend for this new or used on the internet. If you've never heard of Bear Family, they are a German company that issues outstanding quality box sets, often on more obscure and lesser known artists so this was a nice find. There's really something special about this kind of music from the 40's - 50's which makes me feel nostalgic and wistful for an era of time we'll never see or experience again. Frankie King started out as the leader of polka dance band in Wisconsin playing the accordion. That all changed when Gene Autry came into town looking for a new musician. Thus, "Pee Wee" King was born. I really love what the accordion sound brings to a group with the traditional instruments you'd expect to hear in a country group. The music is toe-tapping and uplifting. I'm really enjoying it!

Last edited:
^I like your razor pics better......:w00t:...J/K.........

SWMBO saw a tv comercial, and, she swore the girl was singing this song......So, spent the rest of the eve listening, laughing, and arguing over this song.............:thumbup:...........It's ALL Good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Public Service Broadcasting.

I saw them play at Womad New Zealand the weekend before last and they were great! Like a teenager, I dutifully lined up at their signing session and had my PSB CD cover signed (gosh I'm proud of it!).

Fantastic Spitfire footage to get the pulse racing.

Prokofiev Symphonies 1&2 followed by Kenny Burrell God Bless the Children finishing with Bill Evans: Complete Village Vanguard Recordings.

Public Service Broadcasting.

I saw them play at Womad New Zealand the weekend before last and they were great! Like a teenager, I dutifully lined up at their signing session and had my PSB CD cover signed (gosh I'm proud of it!).

Fantastic Spitfire footage to get the pulse racing.

I enjoyed this very much. :thumbup1:

I've been diggin' a few tracks from an Aussie psychedelic band called Pond, here's one:

Top Bottom