What's new

What are you listening to?

A little bit o' bluegrass: J.D. Crowe and the New South.

On another note, I've been sucked in by my daughter's Guitar Hero games for PS2, so the odd evening when the kids have hit the pillows and the work is done for the evening I've been enjoying some of these tunes while playing the game: Strutter, Message in a Bottle, Woman, More than a Feeling, et cetera. Anyone else having fun with Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

Front porch, the smell of a good cigar mingled with the scent of magnolias and gardenias in the air. Sun is down and Niel Young is singing "Harvest Moon" while the fireflies dance.

Magic in Mississippi.

Front porch, the smell of a good cigar mingled with the scent of magnolias and gardenias in the air. Sun is down and Niel Young is singing "Harvest Moon" while the fireflies dance.

Magic in Mississippi.

I hear you brother!

Tonight:

Kathleen Edwards

Back to Me

Yes

Fragile

Allman Brothers Band

Reach for the Sky

And I may not be done yet!! :smile:

Frampton Live with 2 fingers of Wild Turkey 101 and a Randy Wiley pipe loaded with a light English tobacco. Life is soooo good today!:laugh:

I've been discovering Drive-By Truckers: Decoration Day and Dirty South.

A great band. I have all but an early live release (fear not, I have plenty of bootlegs) and they are just awesome. If you feel like rocking the house down check out a DVD called Live at the 40-Watt. Yikes.

I can't listen to anything to tame. Just got the new Ihsahn and it's evilly amazing and tomorrow the new Opeth comes out and, from what I have heard, will probably be the album of the year. The world needs more Scandinavian metal.

Latest in fairly heavy iPod rotation:

Mother Mother - Touch Up
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Z-Trip vs MSTRKRFT - Soundclash of the Titans
Secret Chiefs 3 - Xaphan (Book of Angels - Vol 9)
DJ Food - You Don't Know Ninja Cuts DJ Food's 1000 Mask Mix
DJ Yoda - FABRICLIVE 39
Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation

Right this moment:

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

20 minutes ago?
The Replacements - Don't Tell a Soul

and before that?
random sampling from today that I can remember:
Dead Can Dance
Ben Folds
Pop Will Eat Itself