What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Where's the report? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oops sorry, I posted a report on another thread. Copied below:

"Well I just had a nice pour of this bourbon. I drank it neat with just the tiniest amount of water to open it up. I have to say it was quite smooth and easy to drink. On the palate it is not too sweet or smokey, and it exhibits no hint of bite or harshness. On the other hand there is no real complexity to it: what you first taste is what you get - I noticed no developing notes as it sat on the palate. Overall, I would characterise it as relaxed and undemanding. By this I mean one could quite easily knock back a few rounds without becoming fatigued or overwhelmed. Given their age and history, these bottles of bourbon are really hit and miss affairs. I have 1913 and 1937 bourbons among others that are absolutely outstanding - complex in structure and rich in flavour. I also have a 1953 which is basically like drinking petrol. This one is definitely a good addition to the collection. I would classify it as an honest bourbon with some historical relevance"

$11393036_10153949217493275_4528139707392272573_n.jpgA rather fine example we picked up in France last time...

Tasting some of my Cabernet. I saved some from off the lees that is surprisingly good. I took a nip from the carboy that is much clearer and better tasting. Very excited after only a few weeks. :biggrin1:

Tom

Waiting for tomorrow... National Bourbon Day (supposedly the day Elijah Craig made his first batch in 1789)!

Last edited:
The Hollows and Fentimans alcoholic ginger beer this afternoon was very tasty (4% ABV). The NGB gluten-free beer from Trader Joes I had afterwards was decidedly not (three sips and down the drain).

Top Bottom