What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Last night I was drinking an assortment of pumpkin ales. UFO Pumpkin, Ichabod Pumpkin and Fire Island Pumpkin Barrel ale. They will be my beers of choice until December.

Tank 7 made by the local boys. Better than a basket of warm puppies. Yum.
$photo.jpg

Leinenkugel Pink Lemonade -- half lemon shandy half berry weiss -- didn't think I'd like either since I'm not a fruit beer guy, but it's a good grass cutting beer -- It's getting chilly here, so I'll be finished with the lighter wheats and start hitting the heavier porters and stouts as the leaves fall

Had a Well's Banana Bread Beer last night. It was quite delicious. Lots of banana flavor but not overpowering or too sweet. Might have to take up the recommendation I got when I bought it and mix it with a Young's Double Chocolate Stout for a dessert one night!

A generous nip of Ron Anejo Pampero Seleccion 1938, neat. Since I read the rum thread on here I've taken to sampling a few. Tried Mt Gay XO, and Appleton Estate 12 year old in the last 2 weeks and the Ron Anejo tonight.

Pete

For a change of pace, Johnny Drumm Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. A big thanks to whoever it was in The Speakeasy who recommended it, it reminds me of what I used to like about both Jack Daniels No7 and Wild Turkey. I picked up a bottle last Friday along with a Caol Ila Cask Strength.

1912 Para Port: special occasion

Mmmm, tasty fish. There's been a stack of Para at recent auctions here. Sadly, none of it went for "bargain" prices, so my booze allowance got spent elsewhere

First time, Johnny Walker Black.

Yummy!

I've recently developed a liking for Red Label on ice. I used to regard it as for mixing if you couldn't afford Black, now I think I was just being a wanker. It's not clever or sophisticated, but it's a damn fine blend. I understand the Caol Ila I picked up above is responsible for the smoke and salty finish in JW Black.

Top Bottom