What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Still battling the cold- tonight I did however, add a generous measure of whisky to my tea, honey and lemon drink.

Hardy's Tall Ships tawny port after beans on toast.

It was supposed to be something fancy for dinner, but The GF sliced a big piece off her thumb cutting potatoes with a mandolin. Blood and high drama everywhere. I think I've said before that she doesn't have a good history with sharps. She's gone to bed with a huge and somewhat comical bandage on her thumb and a handful of codeine tablets and I have some piece to enjoy my port.

Hardy's Tall Ships tawny port after beans on toast.
She's gone to bed with a huge and somewhat comical bandage on her thumb and a handful of codeine tablets and I have some piece to enjoy my port.

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying a little peace..... :wink2:

I sincerely hope that you are enjoying a little peace..... :wink2:

Indeed you are correct :blush:. Never trust spell checkers and blindly accept their choices for obvious misspellings.

As it was my peace was short lived. It turns out that codeine gives The GF very odd dreams.

Back on topic: Buller's Victorian Muscat tonight. Just a small one I think, and then to bed trying to make up for last night's broken sleep.

I am enjoying some Samuel Adams Whitewater IPA. A very decent IPA. If only I could find someone out west who would send me some Stone IPA...my favorite.

You might check Bevmo or Hyvee if you have them, I know the Hyvees we have in Missouri have stone most of the time.

My last can of The Heady Topper, time to take a long drive to refill my stock. Closest place that sells it is 2 1/2 hours away. I'd drive at least double that though...

After a helluva week in the office I'm finally enjoying 3 fingers of Russian Standard no-ice/no-fruit.

Couple more o' these and I'll be forgetting...

2005 Barristers Block Cab Sav. Primed the pump with 2 fingers of Russin Standard and fresh grapefruit juice,

Having a couple friends over for dinner tonight and my wife made a giant pot of gumbo. I have two bottles of Txakoli in the fridge that are in the crosshairs. Before dinner, cocktails or beer...we'll see what the guests prefer.

Had a bottle of Anchor Liberty Ale with the chili I made for dinner, and am now relaxing with some Wild Turkey 101 on the rocks. Bought the WT on a whim, and it is OK, though I'm not sure I'd buy another bottle.

Italian Limoncello with some lemon curd pudding desert after some veeeeery slow-cooked (6 hours BBQ) ribs.

Top Bottom