What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Dad's Martini's.....

Any Vodka and dry vermouth. Mix desired ratio in a glass/pitcher, etc and put into freezer. Pour into martini glass and enjoy! (NOTE: These are DEADLY effective as there is no water from ice in them at all!)

Last edited:
This morning (I just got off work at 6:00am) a lovely bottle of 2010 Concha Tora Explorador Cab/Merlot. Waiting for the rest of the family to wake up so I can go to sleep now....

Cragganmore 12. Not the most exciting single malt, but I liked it better today than I did yesterday, when I first opened the bottle.

Sore throat so SWMBO made me a hot toddy: tea, lemon, honey and a good shake of Henessy XO Cognac.

Laphroig Quater Cask with a dash of water. It really needs a dash of water otherwise the peat and salt overpowers everything else. I think I'll have to have a second to confirm my thoughts about the first...

I love Laphroaig Quarter cask, but I'm out at the moment. So I'm enjoying a dram of Cutty Sark 18YO, and I'll follow that with a Bowmore 15YO before bed....

Neat in both tonight's cases, but the Laphroaig really improves with just a tiny drop of water, doesn't it....

I love Laphroaig Quarter cask, but I'm out at the moment. So I'm enjoying a dram of Cutty Sark 18YO, and I'll follow that with a Bowmore 15YO before bed....

Neat in both tonight's cases, but the Laphroaig really improves with just a tiny drop of water, doesn't it....

I do enjoy "cutting" my scotch with a little water: usually 2 fingers scotch gets 1 finger water. Gordon Jackson used to say in the ads "to release the flavor".... But never ice!

Veev Acai Spirit(brand new, saw it at my local liquor store and had to try it even though it's not something i usually drink) mixed with tonic, lemon and lime slices. not too bad but i probably won't purchase again. My usual this summer has been Avion tequila(My new favorite. I've been buying it by the case. Better than Patron and about $10 cheaper) with tonic and fresh limes.

Hooray Chopin on the rocks. Unfortunately I'm settling on Negra Modello with a lime tonight. Hooray Mexican beer!
I Love Mexican beer and food. I always have a case of Pacifico, Tecate' and Sol' in the fridge and sometimes Corona's if the selection is bad. Negro Modello also makes some appearances now and again.

Top Bottom