What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Boulevard Reverb Imperial Pilsner. Yum.

$Brand_Reverb_Imperial_Pilsner.jpg

9:00 AM (EDT) is a bit early to be pondering the day's ETOH intake, but.........

Yesterday was Terrapin Hopsecutioner and an evening cocktail of Jailer's Tennessee Whiskey (neat)

Galway Pipe Grand Tawny port. Given to me by a client for getting her out of a jam. I always appreciate these little gifts...

Cheap bottle of Australian sparkling wine. (we are not allowed to call it champagne.)

The GF's cronies call it bubbles, as in "I brought bubbles! Squee!". I don't touch it myself, but I don't complain about the after effects...

That said, the best "champagne" I ever had was a Seaview. For the non-Aussies, Seaview is, or was, the bottom of the market fizzy for those with no taste all. The stuff you uncle served at his wedding 'cause it was the cheapest in bulk. Well it was left over from my Uncle's wedding, it still had the $2.99 sticker and it was bloody marvelous. Bright, yeasty and dry like just like the real thing. The secret? Stick it under the bed for 25 years.

Russian Standard neat (Friday night after work "shot")

Just pulled a '98 Barossa Shiraz out of the cellar and given it an hour to breathe before we order pizza.

9:00 AM (EDT) is a bit early to be pondering the day's ETOH intake, but.........

Yesterday was Terrapin Hopsecutioner and an evening cocktail of Jailer's Tennessee Whiskey (neat)

worked a year in Atlanta ('97) and the number of outstanding small batch whiskey's I tasted.....wow!

Lucky you,

Piemonte Barbera 2010 with a nice plate of assorted antipasto and meats.

Earlier had 3 fingers of Russian Standard, ice & Gassossa (Italian lemonade).

Last night was whiskey sour. After all, it was National Whiskey Sour Day in the US (and maybe elsewhere).

Tonight is not yet decided, but will either be whiskey sour again or........??

Top Bottom