What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Just a cheap red wine.

20230123_212531.jpg

Last edited:
I am thinking Martinis (gin). Or Gibsons. It has been that kind of a week. I keep seeing Martini recipes that call for a few drops of orange bitters. I may try that, which may mean a switch to lemon zest from olives or onions. I am thinking Plymouth Gin. Not sure what I have for vermouth. Maybe try something new.

FD927DF3-62AA-4B39-B359-FB7D5206404D.jpeg

I started off the year by doing a dry two weeks. With about two days to go in that two weeks, I caught covid. It has been almost a month since my last drink. Since I don’t have all my taste back yet, I didn’t want to waste a good bourbon or scotch. So I basically decided to stick with ole faithful. Cheers guys, hope everyone is having a good Friday night.

Last edited:
I am thinking Martinis (gin). Or Gibsons. It has been that kind of a week. I keep seeing Martini recipes that call for a few drops of orange bitters. I may try that, which may mean a switch to lemon zest from olives or onions. I am thinking Plymouth Gin. Not sure what I have for vermouth. Maybe try something new.
This was good. I did not switch to a lemon twist, but stuck with olives. The recipe I looked up called for olives. I used Kirkland gin, which I like fine, but gets back reviews. Used a usual Dolan vermouth. The orange bitters added a nice note. Pretty subtle.

Top Bottom