What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Started with a basil Hayden while cooking dinner. Moved to BT for a nightcap.

Attachments

• 2370FFD7-8566-47C5-8688-17DC7A742B40.jpeg
    2370FFD7-8566-47C5-8688-17DC7A742B40.jpeg
    896.8 KB · Views: 3
As I walked out, I asked the owner to see the bottle. I couldn’t find it amongst the bottles lined up in front of the small kitchen. The owner walked me over to the stand up cooler with soft drinks and pulled out a 500 ml plastic bottle filled with the clear liquid and opened it for me to verify by scent. He then pointed to several liter bottles with the wine he starts with. Apparently it’s a home brew (and not Chios mastiha)!

Tonight’s meal was again followed with a mini Dove bar and shot of Raki with honey presented by the owner.
You just evoked a memory from Greece, one where a very nice lady told me (with that characteristic Greek passion) that one "must have a little bit of ice in the mastiha." After that, I wouldn't dare have a neat mastiha!
86D4E872-A63A-4ECF-A9DF-C158B6334BBD.jpeg

We sipped it as the crescent set.

Last edited:
Popped open and am having a glass of my second ever scotch. Fior blended scotch. Outside of the website I haven't seen anything about this scotch. Was on sale at my local liquor store so I grabbed one to try. Pretty good to my new scotch tastes. This one I can taste some smokiness in. Good stuff so far and the bottle is neat!

20220701_182721.jpg

Popped open and am having a glass of my second ever scotch. Fior blended scotch. Outside of the website I haven't seen anything about this scotch. Was on sale at my local liquor store so I grabbed one to try. Pretty good to my new scotch tastes. This one I can taste some smokiness in. Good stuff so far and the bottle is neat!

View attachment 1481516
Nice whisky glass you have there!

Top Bottom