What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

FAEF171E-C79B-4D8E-B92B-EEFAF6DB2447.jpeg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, people have been telling me to try this for some time now. I was skeptical. I don't like "new-fangled gins", and in that I even include Bombay Saphire. I like the traditional old English Dry styles, with Beefeater and Bombay dry (greenish bottle) at the top of my list followed by Tanq.

This was on sale, and I really, really hesitated to get the big bottle because I was worried about being disappointed. I should have followed my instincts. Made my usual 5-1 martini with Dolin dry and a cocktail olive, just a little dirty. Ugh. Awful. Now what am I going to do with the rest of it?

Aviation Cocktails, I suppose. Not a huge fan of those, though. Maybe for Negronis? That might work. I'll figure something out. But hope, hope, hope I've learned my lesson not to experiment with gins for a classic martini. I'm too old to waste time trying new gins, I have it figured out, and there's only so many more martinis in my life! I'll figure out something to do with this stuff. :001_rolle

proxy.php

This was on sale, and I really, really hesitated to get the big bottle because I was worried about being disappointed. I should have followed my instincts. Made my usual 5-1 martini with Dolin dry and a cocktail olive, just a little dirty. Ugh. Awful. Now what am I going to do with the rest of it?

Aviation Cocktails, I suppose. Not a huge fan of those, though. Maybe for Negronis? That might work. I'll figure something out. But hope, hope, hope I've learned my lesson not to experiment with gins for a classic martini. I'm too old to waste time trying new gins, I have it figured out, and there's only so many more martinis in my life! I'll figure out something to do with this stuff. :001_rolle

Gin and tonic is pretty concealing, and not particularly style-sensitive.

Top Bottom