What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

On my second glass of Gentleman Jack tonight. Pretty good stuff considering I'm a beginner. Almost finished up the small bottle.

P.S. as much as I like and cherish the glass I got as a gift, I need to grab a few other nice sipping glasses that don't have big logos on them haha.

View attachment 1288341
I find plain old rocks glasses work as well or better than the fancy whiskey glasses. I look for cool vintage glasses on eBay…

Having another taste of this tonight. Heavy caramel and vanilla. It's well balanced and relatively smooth; very little bite. Nice finish. I think I prefer on the rocks though. Tomorrow night I'll try an old fashioned with it. And then maybe I'll pull out the smoker and try that as well. @SteelSchaben

IMG_0553.jpg

Dant is one I haven't heard of, would you be able to post a pic of the label? Is it a BiB release?
It's one of the BiB varieties from Heaven Hill, hence the comparison to EWBiB and JTSBrown. I hadn't heard of it much either, but enjoyed the other 2 and picked this one up as it was on sale. I'm amazed that HH has 3 different budget BiB offerings, each with unique taste (to my palette at least).
1624892254474.png

Jack Daniels Gentleman Jack

View attachment 1287354
That is either a tiny bottle or a HUGE glass. :D

First glass of rum. Bacardi gold neat. Definitely can tell a difference between it and the whiskeys I've tried. This is much milder in both taste and smell. The heat come later while the whiskey heat seems to show up faster. There is a longer lingering sweetness with the rum I think. It was good though for my first glass in the world of rum. I still haven't been able to single out the more specific flavors. I guess that comes in time. Going to have to try these rums mixed and see how they do.

20210630_185833.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
First glass of rum. Bacardi gold neat. Definitely can tell a difference between it and the whiskeys I've tried. This is much milder in both taste and smell. The heat come later while the whiskey heat seems to show up faster. There is a longer lingering sweetness with the rum I think. It was good though for my first glass in the world of rum. I still haven't been able to single out the more specific flavors. I guess that comes in time. Going to have to try these rums mixed and see how they do.

View attachment 1289877

As far as Bacardi goes I prefer the Bacardi 8. I have a bottle of Bacardi 10 I have yet to try. IMO a big step up from the basic Bacardi if you plan to drink them straight.

7121FDB6-96AD-42E2-BBD3-02CEE0F26424.jpeg
F045C355-CAC2-4FC2-8835-B504EACC04BD.jpeg

Top Bottom