What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Having a cheat day. First beer in 6 months. Dinner is Korean BBQ. beverages are Stella and vodka. I bought some soju but held off on opening it. So vodka.
635EA53F-6C4C-4908-AF86-9608E20F9B45.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Finally sat down with a pour of Woodford Reserve last night, neat. Interestingly, I got a bit of a cherry cough drop note that I wasn't a huge fan of. Hope it was just something I ate, as I've always been a fan of WR.

I always thought Woodford was famous for that cherry flavor. Like your last experience, it's never quite stricken me well-- not so much that it's there but that it's so prominent.

I always thought Woodford was famous for that cherry flavor. Like your last experience, it's never quite stricken me well-- not so much that it's there but that it's so prominent.
It could be. When I first started with Woodford, I was very inexperienced and didn't have any in depth tasting discussions with folks. I take it as a positive that my palette is growing. It has been pretty prominent the last couple of pours. I bet it'd be great in a Manhattan though.
Guess I missed National Bourbon Day…
If it's any consolation, I missed it as well. But, there's always today. :)

Top Bottom