What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

383B6663-F6E9-4674-906B-2C605568DD3A.jpeg
Stirred tonight, and plenty cold. BT and Tribuno Manhattan.

Someone in the Speakeasy mentioned Rum & Pineapple juice. I’m thinking I might try that tonight.

Any tips on how to mix it? 1oz Rum, rest Pineapple and ice? I also have some frozen pineapple chunks, was thinking of tossing in a few of those.
1 oz of rum seems light. You are going to be happier with fresh pineapple juice or juicing those frozen chunks than with canned juice. You might try searching for Jungle Bird cocktail recipes for some ideas. It does seem like a natural match.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
1 oz of rum seems light. You are going to be happier with fresh pineapple juice or juicing those frozen chunks than with canned juice. You might try searching for Jungle Bird cocktail recipes for some ideas. It does seem like a natural match.
Light!? Wow. I thought most mixed drinks used just 1oz of liquor. I didn’t buy the canned juice….i bought the bottled :lol:

I tried just mixing it straight up - rum/pineapple juice. I was not impressed. Maybe more rum is the ticket. IDK. But it needed something. Like some type of syrup or mint. Not sure. Just straight up rum and pineapple was not tasty.

Light!? Wow. I thought most mixed drinks used just 1oz of liquor. I didn’t buy the canned juice….i bought the bottled :lol:

I tried just mixing it straight up - rum/pineapple juice. I was not impressed. Maybe more rum is the ticket. IDK. But it needed something. Like some type of syrup or mint. Not sure. Just straight up rum and pineapple was not tasty.
A little more rum and some coconut cream and you aren’t far from a pina colada. I just shake mine and drink over ice.

Light!? Wow. I thought most mixed drinks used just 1oz of liquor.

I really do not know what they pour in bars, but I would think 2 oz for a typical home cocktail.

Just straight up rum and pineapple was not tasty.

I am not surprised given that I have never seen a recipe for just pineapple and rum. Still it seems like a natural mix. I would think that it needed some added sugar, like you say, at the least. Certainly there is the pina colada. The Jungle Bird was our house cocktail for awhile. Sort of post modern tiki.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Finally sat down with a pour of Woodford Reserve last night, neat. Interestingly, I got a bit of a cherry cough drop note that I wasn't a huge fan of. Hope it was just something I ate, as I've always been a fan of WR.
I like WR, but I much prefer their Double Oaked over their standard. Then there’s this bottle which I haven’t opened yet and am not sure when I will.
06B05EA6-A951-45DD-8025-103130312F27.jpeg

Top Bottom