What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

91DE0D20-A70D-4FA4-B2A5-FA23DED5D870.jpeg

Greenpoint

Tonight my first dram of JW green 15y
View attachment 1234232
So I’m a bit underwhelmed. It is a smooth, low proof (86) sipper with only a hint of smokiness. Given all the big names on the label (Talisker, Linkwood, Cragganmore, Caol Ila) it feels a bit soulless and banal. Compared to this the Blue is a flavor bomb that smacks in your face.
I was so positively surprised by the quality of the Famous Grouse 12y Single Malt that I automatically assumed the same would hold true for JW.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
So I’m a bit underwhelmed. It is a smooth, low proof (86) sipper with only a hint of smokiness. Given all the big names on the label (Talisker, Linkwood, Cragganmore, Caol Ila) it feels a bit soulless and banal. Compared to this the Blue is a flavor bomb that smacks in your face.
I was so positively surprised by the quality of the Famous Grouse 12y Single Malt that I automatically assumed the same would hold true for JW.

I haven't even tried it since they brought it back and changed it, and it's because of reviews like yours. They went for "smooth" over interesting, sort of a cheaper Blue. The old Green was something to behold, like Charlie Parker--genius with an edge. The new one sounds like Air Supply.

I haven't even tried it since they brought it back and changed it, and it's because of reviews like yours. They went for "smooth" over interesting, sort of a cheaper Blue. The old Green was something to behold, like Charlie Parker--genius with an edge. The new one sounds like Air Supply.
Furthermore there is now also this light strain of ashiness that let me shy away from the red and black...

Top Bottom