What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

E876D1A5-45EB-4825-8D2E-F8F97D08FAE2.jpeg

St. George California Reserve Apple Brandy. Wow.

Keen to hear your thoughts on the Parliament 21 vs the Allardice 18....
If you can get allardice 18yo billy walker blend its amazing but parliament for me is just a bit on top. If you like glendronach you must try glengoyne 25 YO its a must to try in this earth for us whisky lovers.

D640E2E1-CE11-46D7-B544-8463C2A29521.jpeg
Another Jack Rose. Although I peeled two pomegranates today, I didn’t make Grenadine. I did use Calvados Coquerel Fine Apple Brandy, instead of Laird’s.

Calvados Coquerel has a taste late on the finish similar to Sidra Acebal from Asturias. There is a yeastiness or funk that my family dislikes, but I just appreciate as different. I haven’t yet tried a French cidre, but I imagine it would have a similar taste.

Last edited:
Balcones Lineage Texas single malt now that I'm home. I had a pour of the Balcones Brimstone before dinner out with my brother tonight. It was also an outstanding Balcones offering.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Toki is an excellent example. It's a nice whisky that I can pick up for about $30 a bottle. It's light, citrusy, and refreshing with some other notes that make it very nice in a highball. However, it's not very interesting neat or on the rocks, and it's too light for any cocktail other than a highball. I can get Glenmorangie Original for a dollar more, and I'll spend that buck every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Glenmorangie Original has a similar flavor profile to Toki but deeper and more complex without getting heavy in the least. It's interesting enough to sip neat or on the rocks, it has enough substance for any cocktail that doesn't need a smoky Islay, and it's even better in a highball.

I picked up Glenmorangie 10 yesterday and agree with your assessment. Apart from being richer, I thought Glenmorangie had a nutty quality to it and lacked the fresh, albeit subtle, citrusy flavors of Toki.

If you can get allardice 18yo billy walker blend its amazing but parliament for me is just a bit on top. If you like glendronach you must try glengoyne 25 YO its a must to try in this earth for us whisky lovers.

Oh, agree on Glengoyne. Was privileged to have joined a Masterclass there in 2014 when I was in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games. That’s me on the left with two of the affiliates from the Anguillan Team who were also on the masterclass. We pretty much tasted everything right up to the 30 year old then did a walk through of the barrel houses and sampled some “straight from the cask“ from “very, very old barrels” that the master distiller said were “examples of our best stock”.
2A5143FF-A0E3-45D7-B1EB-143AEDBBEB47.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I picked up Glenmorangie 10 yesterday and agree with your assessment. Apart from being richer, I thought Glenmorangie had a nutty quality to it and lacked the fresh, albeit subtle, citrusy flavors of Toki.

It's quite good stuff, isn't it? I do get a prominent citrus (orange/tangerine) flavor in Glenmorangie 10, though I do agree that it isn't quite so "fresh" as in Toki.

Rum and root beer.
I passed up some cheap MXD drinks at the store today, but I have a short story about the last time I had MXD.

I got hammered on the MXD Long Island Iced Tea and decided to shave my face with a straight razor. While ice skating. No nicks or weepers. And I think I knocked over a snowman on the walk home.

Top Bottom