What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Bombay Gin (86 proof) & Fever Tree tonic.

Being retired for 10+ years, I down too much gin every day. I prefer a nice London Dry, so usually drink Gordons, the best reasonably priced 80 proof gin. I went to the store today to treat myself to Beefeater for Christmas, only to find that Beefeater has reduced their proof from 94 to 88. Unfortunately, they forgot to reduce the price, so I went with another good London Dry, Bombay (86 proof). Bombay Sapphire (94 proof) is also a great gin, but for $11 more than the 86, I passed on that one.

With Covid, we haven't travelled to KY or thru NH to Maine this year, where I can stock up on good high-end gins, like Beefeater, Sapphire and Brokers at a great price.

Nice. I might suggest a bottle of Boodles London Dry Gin.

A neat rye whiskey is on the agenda for this evening. This Templeton isn't exactly ringing my bell, so I'm going for something different next time. I believe I enjoyed the Bulliet more.
20201028_130812.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A neat rye whiskey is on the agenda for this evening. This Templeton isn't exactly ringing my bell, so I'm going for something different next time. I believe I enjoyed the Bulliet more.
View attachment 1198966

I'm just starting to get into rye, so I don't have a great wealth of knowledge and experience, but I found Michter's US*1 Rye and High West Double Rye! to be quite enjoyable. Both were nice sippers to me, and also made a solid old fashioned.

Do you have juice in there as well, or just whisky, Vernor's, and apple slices?

How was the Glenfarclas & Jean Fillioux? I've eyeballed a few Glenfarclas bottles at my local stores, but have failed to pull the trigger on any of them.

[QUOTEHow was the Glenfarclas & Jean Fillioux? I've eyeballed a few Glenfarclas bottles at my local stores, but have failed to pull the trigger on any of them.
[/QUOTE]

The Glen 21 is a Xmas staple - a proper sherry “bomb” and better and “fresher” than the 25.

The Jean Fillioux is delightful and “light”. A digestive cognac befitting the sumptuous meal we’d enjoyed.

Top Bottom