What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

1608558000604.png

Bombay Gin (86 proof) & Fever Tree tonic.

Being retired for 10+ years, I down too much gin every day. I prefer a nice London Dry, so usually drink Gordons, the best reasonably priced 80 proof gin. I went to the store today to treat myself to Beefeater for Christmas, only to find that Beefeater has reduced their proof from 94 to 88. Unfortunately, they forgot to reduce the price, so I went with another good London Dry, Bombay (86 proof). Bombay Sapphire (94 proof) is also a great gin, but for $11 more than the 86, I passed on that one.

With Covid, we haven't travelled to KY or thru NH to Maine this year, where I can stock up on good high-end gins, like Beefeater, Sapphire and Brokers at a great price.

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I’d forgotten how good Blue was. Been a Scotch snob for too long. We ended up knocking off about half the bottle. This morning nursing the most exquisite hangover - not severe but enough to remind me to keep the shades drawn and the noise down...

It never hurts to drink water inbetween pours. :) I'm sure the memory of some great whisky was still worth it?

Nice glass.
Thanks. It's from a Waterford set gifted to me last year at Christmas. The photo and the lighting makes it look like it's broken around the rim. I just noticed that when I went back and looked. Trust me - my drinking isn't a blood sport...

Top Bottom