What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

F959ABD4-066C-4047-A8D1-EE1D95FBC387.jpeg

55C5AAEE-CA5E-48C9-BDB9-9739F553C4B1.jpeg

Not going overboard with praise for this Weller offering. I believe it is SR bottled at a higher proof (107 vs. 90), and the increased ABV is easy to detect on the nose and first sip (and subsequent sips!). After it sits, that honey note that is strong in WLW comes through, but a bit meekly. Nice at retail, but anybody paying black market price for this bottle is missing out on cheaper, tastier, bourbon.

Opened up the EW BiB over the weekend. Despite reading many positive things about it, I was still pleasantly surprised by this pick. Sampled neat, and it is a solid offering...especially at the price point. I'm not sure if I'll continue a search for a daily/budget bottle, or just go ahead and crown this as the winner.

Opened up the EW BiB over the weekend. Despite reading many positive things about it, I was still pleasantly surprised by this pick. Sampled neat, and it is a solid offering...especially at the price point. I'm not sure if I'll continue a search for a daily/budget bottle, or just go ahead and crown this as the winner.
I just finished a bottle of EW BiB! I’m with you it was very good, ended up enjoying it over ice more than neat, but it was still very good neat. And as you mentioned for the price it’s hard to beat in the daily/budget category! Congrats!

Assyrtiko--Saturday night. I cannot remember the brand, but it was sublime. It may be may favorite white wine these days.
Brand was Lyrarakis Assyrtiko Voila, I think a 2018, from eastern Crete, so not Santorini, the varietal's place of origin, as I recall. Very nice though.

Sold out at my local shop this weekend... I’m going try it when I see it again.

I just finished a bottle of EW BiB! I’m with you it was very good, ended up enjoying it over ice more than neat, but it was still very good neat. And as you mentioned for the price it’s hard to beat in the daily/budget category! Congrats!
I cannot tell if I like it quite as much as Wild Turkey 101, but it makes a spectacular old fashioned.

Top Bottom