What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

What kind of boat you got? One of my best Summer memories was dropping anchor in a secluded cove along the Illinois River and throwing back some brews.
Stingray 208LR. We’ve had PWC’s in the past, but this is our first boat. Looking forward to the summer.

B2933E88-1AC9-4DE6-A663-82BB9CA408D2.jpeg

Tito’s and lemonade

I had a fresh supply of Bandol rose delivered yesterday ready for weekend drinking... Also picked a bottle of Tanqueray Rangpur as it was on special offer in the supermarket the other day.

Last night I opened a bottle of Bowmore 12. I tried it years ago when I discovered Islay malts. It was better than I remembered.

I had a fresh supply of Bandol rose delivered yesterday ready for weekend drinking... Also picked a bottle of Tanqueray Rangpur as it was on special offer in the supermarket the other day.
I will be there soon! Bandol rosé just tends to be so good...

A couple of negroni’s for me tonight with pizza at home.

So today is National Bourbon Day. And the Kentucky Derby was nixed earlier this 2020. So I thought I might enjoy a Mint Julep at brunch...

But the Julep was made with gin. [?] So I ordered a Woodford neat. Cheers!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
But the Julep was made with gin. [?]

I'll give them that "julep" can be darn near any drink that's sweetened and served over ice, but "mint julep" is so closely associated with bourbon or eye whiskey that it's downright perverted to have a gin variant without also offering the classic.

A gin mint julep actually sounds pretty good, but dadgum.

I'll give them that "julep" can be darn near any drink that's sweetened and served over ice, but "mint julep" is so closely associated with bourbon or eye whiskey that it's downright perverted to have a gin variant without also offering the classic.

A gin mint julep actually sounds pretty good, but dadgum.
I could taste the botanicals in the drink, so I asked the waitress which bourbon the bartender used. She came back very apologetically and removed the Julep from the bill. Usually the server asks which bourbon I prefer when ordering. I should have offered before she walked away. I did mention National Bourbon Day, though!

First world problem, especially in these times...

Last edited:
Top Bottom