What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Sazerac
11DB87DF-9FE1-438A-8E7B-86D782621B57.jpeg

My weekly indulgence from the marvellous Atlas bar here: 2x 500ml Atlas Martinis (London dry gin, Ambrato vermouth, orange bitters, champagne vinegar), a Negroni (London dry gin, sweet vermouth, Italian bitters) and a Gimlet (French floral gin, Fino sherry, triple citrus cordial, salt). They come with the appropriate garnishes and coasters(!)95192423_10159708106603275_7684465411949068288_o.jpg

Gold Rush--bourbon, honey syrup, lemon juice, orange bitters. Later additional sugar. The recipe I used needs adjusting. I think bourbon and honey are a good combination. The lemon needs to be downplayed.

Brugal Especial Extra Dry rum. Extra dry apparently means with very little rum character. This supposed is put in oak barrels, but it seems absolutely clear and colorless. And it is as close to vodka in flavor as any rum I have ever had. I must be missing the point!

After cutting the grass, a stiff gin and tonic in a large tumbler with lots of ice. Squeezed in half a lime.

Chased down two Advils with it and am now on auto Cruz.

Had a delivery from the wine shop, 3 bottles of Rose de Provence and 3 bottles of Cahors, a wine from SW France, 80% Malbec and the rest Merlot. Bold, but fruity and good drinking with or without food. So one of each tonight(!)

Top Bottom