What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

What are you drinking tonight?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, people have been telling me to try this for some time now. I was skeptical. I don't like "new-fangled gins", and in that I even include Bombay Saphire. I like the traditional old English Dry styles, with Beefeater and Bombay dry (greenish bottle) at the top of my list followed by Tanq.

This was on sale, and I really, really hesitated to get the big bottle because I was worried about being disappointed. I should have followed my instincts. Made my usual 5-1 martini with Dolin dry and a cocktail olive, just a little dirty. Ugh. Awful. Now what am I going to do with the rest of it?

Aviation Cocktails, I suppose. Not a huge fan of those, though. Maybe for Negronis? That might work. I'll figure something out. But hope, hope, hope I've learned my lesson not to experiment with gins for a classic martini. I'm too old to waste time trying new gins, I have it figured out, and there's only so many more martinis in my life! I'll figure out something to do with this stuff. :001_rolle

proxy.php

This was on sale, and I really, really hesitated to get the big bottle because I was worried about being disappointed. I should have followed my instincts. Made my usual 5-1 martini with Dolin dry and a cocktail olive, just a little dirty. Ugh. Awful. Now what am I going to do with the rest of it?

Aviation Cocktails, I suppose. Not a huge fan of those, though. Maybe for Negronis? That might work. I'll figure something out. But hope, hope, hope I've learned my lesson not to experiment with gins for a classic martini. I'm too old to waste time trying new gins, I have it figured out, and there's only so many more martinis in my life! I'll figure out something to do with this stuff. :001_rolle

Gin and tonic is pretty concealing, and not particularly style-sensitive.

Top Bottom