What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Anyone else do this…?

I seem to have a hard time completely finishing bottles of bourbon. So about twice a year I’ll combine several last bits into an uninteresting bottle that’s about half empty.

So tonight is an amalgam of various sippers (Elijah Craig, Uncle Ernest, ?) poured into a bottle of Jefferson Reserve (which I did not love).

Sometimes the result is great. Tonight’s dram needed ice. Mellowed out ok!
Absolutely and on an ongoing basis. Generally referred to as an infinity bottle.

Anyone else do this…?

I seem to have a hard time completely finishing bottles of bourbon. So about twice a year I’ll combine several last bits into an uninteresting bottle that’s about half empty.

So tonight is an amalgam of various sippers (Elijah Craig, Uncle Ernest, ?) poured into a bottle of Jefferson Reserve (which I did not love).

Sometimes the result is great. Tonight’s dram needed ice. Mellowed out ok!
I haven't yet...but I have a bottle set aside for just this instance. Just not sure how much I want to track what goes in. Especially since I'm unlikely to ever put anything super special/unobtanium in there.

Tuesday: Knob Creek on ice
A3A59123-642F-4192-BD9A-01B69979783F.jpeg

Last night: Daily’s and Malibu. My wife made bbq Hawaiian chicken casserole and it was amazing.
7117A803-F17F-455C-B38E-FFE368D09701.jpeg

Have a great day y’all!

Dale's Pale Ale

You want different? How often does one see a pale ale sold only in cans? My usual break from gin is Bass or Smithwick's Pale Ale. Bass is good, but it's been made in the US for years and still costs the same as the imported did when I first started drinking it. My perfect beer is a draft pint of Smithwick's Pale Ale at an Irish bar or restaurant. Bottled Smithwick's is good, but many package stores now only stock Smithwick's Red Ale and not Pale. Yesterday, I was in the mood for something different, but didn't want some flavored or over-hopped craft beer. I settled on a six-pack of Dale's Pale Ale. It was surprisingly good. It has a dark color like Bass, and the first sips were a bit hoppier than Bass, but then it settled down and tasted great. The six-pack I bought was canned in late March, so it was fresh. Downside: it was $10 a six-pack (isn't every decent beer now $8-12), but I enjoyed it enough to buy more. Looks like another liquor store run early next week.

Made another two old fashions tonight. Wifes first time trying one. Still playing with the ratios. This one got 3 shakes of orange and aromatic bitters, 1/4tsp simple syrup, and 2oz of bulliet bourbon. Was pretty good. The whole fam has been battling a little cold. This stuff is pretty soothing.

20210716_202524.jpg

Top Bottom