What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

BCCEC8C0-7FD4-45E0-8E02-912BC13E6287.jpeg

OF with a bar spoon of Luxardo syrup instead of a Demerara cube. This could work. I have a full jar of Luxardo syrup. Might work well with the classic daiquiri, too.

This was the plan. Unfortunately, my 6yo decided I didn't need to complete the lineup. Fortunately, I started with the 2 I hadn't tried before.
1624018257574.png

Not super impressed with the Kirkland. It's from Columbia TN, so Dickel juice. I'm not one who gets a huge "Flintstones vitamin" flavor, but if I really concentrate I can pick it up. The WhistlePig really impressed me. May have changed my opinion on Canadian whiskey.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
The WhistlePig is an American Rye whiskey from Vermont.
A lot of their Whisky is/was sourced. Their original whisky was Rye they purchased from a distillery in Alberta, Canada. I believe they continued to purchase Canadian Rye after the initial release, but I’m not 100% sure about that. Their distillery was opened in 2015 so some of the younger stuff is their own juice.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
A lot of their Whisky is/was sourced. Their original whisky was Rye they purchased from a distillery in Alberta, Canada. I believe they continued to purchase Canadian Rye after the initial release, but I’m not 100% sure about that. Their distillery was opened in 2015 so some of the younger stuff is their own juice.

They've sourced from ADL in Alberta and from MGP in Indiana, and (as you mentioned) distilling their own for a little while. They use any or all those to blend, and they also age on premises. They've even been growing their own rye, and I understand the plan is to shift more and more towards that.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
They've sourced from ADL in Alberta and from MGP in Indiana, and (as you mentioned) distilling their own for a little while. They use any or all those to blend, and they also age on premises. They've even been growing their own rye, and I understand the plan is to shift more and more towards that.
Interesting. I didn’t know about the MGP connection, but it makes sense. MGP turns out some really good juice. My best friend’s wife is from Vermont and when Whistlepig started selling “Vermont” Rye there was a lot of snickering from her and I distinctly remember her calling it Canadian whisky. Then they started winning awards and all of the snickering stopped. Regardless of where it’s made they turn out some top notch Whisky.

Top Bottom