What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Not only Polish but Polish royalty, as well as the line through which the rightful Stuart heirs to the British throne should be traced. @Jan Sobieski
Indeed, indeed. Personally, I'm sympathetic to the case for Francis, Duke of Bavaria, even though he doesn't press the claim.

But in order to return this thread to its original theme while maintaining continuity with this side conversation, I give you this:
1622032713467.png

Indeed, indeed. Personally, I'm sympathetic to the case for Francis, Duke of Bavaria, even though he doesn't press the claim.

But in order to return this thread to its original theme while maintaining continuity with this side conversation, I give you this:
View attachment 1272274
I’m in no way a scholar but didn’t Anne die without a heir and the throne moved then to the Hanoverians? So what am I missing?

Btw Buffalo Trace tonight
991A4E08-009E-400D-9A68-B2530AADF247.jpeg

I’m in no way a scholar but didn’t Anne die without a heir and the throne moved then to the Hanoverians? So what am I missing?

Btw Buffalo Trace tonight
View attachment 1272287
Anne succeeded William and Mary, who were placed on the throne in the first place as part of an illicit coup against the legitimate reigning monarch, James II. That's where the Jacobite movement came in, which didn't see William and Mary as legimitate (they weren't, really). The Hanovers then succeeded Anne only because of the Act of Succession that barred Catholics from sitting on the throne, which caused a massive disruption in the line of succession.
Just think, we could have derailed the possibility of the whole Harry and Megan thing as early as 1688...

Anne succeeded William and Mary, who were placed on the throne in the first place as part of an illicit coup against the legitimate reigning monarch, James II. That's where the Jacobite movement came in, which didn't see William and Mary as legimitate (they weren't, really). The Hanovers then succeeded Anne only because of the Act of Succession that barred Catholics from sitting on the throne, which caused a massive disruption in the line of succession.
Just think, we could have derailed the possibility of the whole Harry and Megan thing as early as 1688...
So I was on the wrong end of the coup, it happened earlier...

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I didn't find that pour to be too hot, but YMMV. I need to re-visit it again to verify, but I swear I got a real sour candy flavor mid-palate. What I really find interesting is how EW BiB, JTS Brown, and this all seem to have some differences in flavor. For one distillery to have 3 distinct budget BiB offerings seems crazy. But in initial tasting, I think I'd place this one 3rd of those 3.
I like your take on this bourbon. I looked around for my bottle and I apparently finished it off at some point in time because I no longer have it.

I like your take on this bourbon. I looked around for my bottle and I apparently finished it off at some point in time because I no longer have it.
Well, after re-visiting last night, the sour candy flavor wasn't as prominent. Damn...I was hoping I was developing some level of snobbish tasting powers. While less prominent, there was still some amount of sour flavor to it. Certainly nothing "bad". I still think it's behind the other 2 HH budget BiB offerings. But not so far back that if it's the less costly at the time I need one, I'll pick it up. I do, however, feel the slight pull to determine the reasoning behind the difference in these 3 bottles.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Well, after re-visiting last night, the sour candy flavor wasn't as prominent. Damn...I was hoping I was developing some level of snobbish tasting powers. While less prominent, there was still some amount of sour flavor to it. Certainly nothing "bad". I still think it's behind the other 2 HH budget BiB offerings. But not so far back that if it's the less costly at the time I need one, I'll pick it up. I do, however, feel the slight pull to determine the reasoning behind the difference in these 3 bottles.
The difference could be as simple as different placement in the same rickhouse or in a separate rickhouse all together. They could also all have different mashbills. As long as they’re 51% corn they can be labeled Bourbon.

Top Bottom