What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

564B8336-840B-4642-99F5-F0C5F3B33DF4.jpeg

Tom

2F872E41-848D-4A63-AEDE-3DA6A8D9F631.jpeg

Before this weekend I didn't know Scotch and lemon was a thing. Scotch sour apparently. I was out Saturday night and a friend ordered Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks and requested the bartender make it "refreshing." He added lemon essential oil with a lemon zest garnish. Turns out, it is a pretty tasty cocktail on a warm FL evening. So I came home from a 90 degree bike ride and mixed one up with the only blend I had on hand (from a Secret Santa thing a couple winters ago). Simple mix of 2 oz Scotch and 3/4 oz lemon juice. I passed on sweetner like simple syrup and egg white. A nice drink, but the difference between J&B and Johnnie Walker Black was evident. Worth a shot if you haven't had one.

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
A crowler of Hazelnut Coffee & Cakes by Hubbard's Cave brewery. ABV 12%. This was wonderful. Obviously not a good choice if you're looking for a bitter, hoppy finish.

Attachments

• 1621450352227.png
    1621450352227.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 4

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Thank you both, still no sign of baby, so just playing the waiting game now!
We had to wait 2 extra weeks for my 1st one. By the time he showed up all our family had stayed as long as they could and headed home the day after his birth.

Top Bottom