What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What are you drinking tonight?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Contributor
We went over a friend's house for a little whisk(e)y buffet of a number things he's collected but I haven't tried. Two really stood out to me.

Smoke Wagon Uncut & Unfiltered--Very rich. Not cheap, and not particularly easy to find, but I'd pick up a bottle if I came across it.

Lone Elm Wheat Whiskey--Part of this trend of 100% wheat whiskeys. It's a little pricey for what it is. However, I'd be lying if I said it didn't impress me (even at a low proof).

Alright. Best one yet. How far can I stray from the original recipe before it is no longer an Inside Job?
7478667B-1835-414D-9B30-95D81D2873AE.jpeg
2 oz Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
2 dashes Angostura bitters
1/4 oz Luxardo
1/8 oz Ricard pastis
The Luxardo syrup that stuck to the bar spoon as I fished a cherry from the jar
Stirred with ice and strained into a glass. All of the flavor without the sweetness! I really like the whiskey and pastis combo, as with a Sazerac (Rye and Herbsaint), with the hint of cherry from Luxardo. Good balance of flavors.

Top Bottom