What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Buffalo Trace. Neat. Brother-in-law broke curfew to come around.

Attachments

• 723493A1-A33B-41B5-BD98-A77DDA7526AA.jpeg
    723493A1-A33B-41B5-BD98-A77DDA7526AA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I was going to give my liver a rest tonight, but the Tour de France cruised past the Abbey of the Carthusian monks where green chartreuse is distilled earlier…

9FD02C15-96DF-4E2C-8C9A-1A062C7CFB40.jpeg
Final Ward: 3/4oz of each ingredient.

An old fashioned with dark rum and orange bitters tonight. It’s not bad at all but I think I like them better with bourbon. Possibly better with regular bitters and different rum. My only other rum choice was too nice to adulterate....

Sangamore Rye

"Sagamore," sorry. This spirit seems to get good reviews.

Last night Arrack Punch. Batavia Arrack, rum (used Ron Abuelo, should have used Jamaican as was called for), pineapple juice (unfortunately canned not fresh, this was an error), lemon juice, simple syrup. I think I threw in some orange bitters as I frequently do with citrus-based cocktails. Mixed feelings on this one. The arrack utterly dominates and is very earthy. Very different. Tastes and smells like something that would give you a hang over. Still not as sweet as one would expect and seems kind of manly.

Last night Arrack Punch. Batavia Arrack, rum (used Ron Abuelo, should have used Jamaican as was called for), pineapple juice (unfortunately canned not fresh, this was an error), lemon juice, simple syrup. I think I threw in some orange bitters as I frequently do with citrus-based cocktails. Mixed feelings on this one. The arrack utterly dominates and is very earthy. Very different. Tastes and smells like something that would give you a hang over. Still not as sweet as one would expect and seems kind of manly.

Tonight I tried this with fresh pineapple and used real, funky Jamaican rum, Doctor Bird's, and tweaked some of the proportions in the Educated Bar Fly's version--more pineapple juice, less lemon juice, less simple syrup. This is a very good drink. Very balanced.

Top Bottom